Monday, May 3, 2010

What We've Been Up To!

Griffin getting bigger!

Finnegan- who needs toys when there are boxes around?

Blackboard door!

So, life has been pretty busy around here. This is what we've (I've) been up to in the last month.

-Primed, and painted all the kitchen cabinets. Oh, and the previous owners had the brilliant idea to put all the cabinet handles in the middle of the doors, so I had to putty up the holes and add new hardware to the corner of the doors like a NORMAL person! Then I painted the backdoor (which leads to the kitchen) in blackboard paint for the kids to color on!

-Stripped the wallpaper off of the main floor bathroom and re-painted it a neutral tan color. Then, painted the counter around the sink which was a 'baby puke' color. Three coats of polyurethane and it is done!

-Painted the trim in Cade's room, and painted the trim in Jax/Finn's room. Boy, was that an adventure due to the fact that Jax got into the paint and finger painted the trim color (Blue) on the butter colored walls...seriously, that night I was wording out his tomestone! :)

-Next, I tackled the kids bathroom and removed all the floral wallpaper and painted it a pale blue. Now I have to paint the cabinet white to brighten it up and i am done...in there!

*I am putting off anymore projects for a few weeks to give myself a break and then i will tackle the piano/reading room.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow. That's a lot of work. Especially with that new-er baby! Good job.

Unknown said...

1 - Wow he's getting So big! Adorable.

2 - Everytime I see a pic of Finn and he has a grin on his face it reminds me of my brother as a toddler - up to something LOL

3 - Wow! Lot of work. I can't wait until we get our own house so I can DO stuff around here (like right now I'd love nothing more than to paint Jacob's room)