Can You See the Staples?
So, this evening Cade opened up an overhead cabinet door and then proceeded to boost himself up on the counter to get something into the cabinet. Unfortunately the cabinet wasn't all the way open and his head smacked into the corner of the door. All of a sudden I hear a piercing scream and he comes running into the room with blood EVERYWHERE! I gently pulled back the hair and I almost screamed. The picture doesn't do it justice at all. The gash is a little longer than an inch and it was sooooo deep. I brought him into the ER and the Dr. told me that it was probably fine and that scalp wounds bleed a lot (I have 5 kids...DUH!), then she pulled back the hair and said, "Oh, my...we definetly need to get some staples in that." So, now Cade is proudly sporting 5 staples in his head. He gets to stay home tomorrow because we have to watch him for a concussion, so he is a happy boy! Well, I am exhaustedd no so I am going to bed...see, Mondays do SUCK!!!

4 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry this happened. What a horrible way to end the horrible day.
I do hope Cade is feeling better. Call me if you need anything tomorrow.
Yikes. Head wounds do bleed a lot, but that is a huge gash! 5 staples is pretty impressive. I hope tomorrow goes a little better for you.
Scary!!!
I wonder (seriously) how many ER doctors and nurses have to pause for a moment for people who want to get a pic for their blog? LOL
Post a Comment