Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Mall of America!




So, yesterday Eric came home early from work (around 3:30). It was pouring down rain and there wasn't much we could do, so we decided to go up to the Mall of America (2 hrs. away) and take the boys to Lego World and Claire to the American Girl Doll store. For her birthday my parents sent her a check to go and get her favorite doll and that is just what we did. There was an unbelieveably nice employee who took Claire around to all of the historic dolls and told her all the stories of each. Then she had Claire go and pick out her favorite. She was so excited and felt so grown-up...I had a great time just watching her excitement!

Meanwhile, Eric and the boys (minus Griff, who stayed with me) went to Lego World and built fun things and played around. The boys loved all the huge dinosaurs and characters made of Legos.

We ate dinner and then I got to run into a few of my favorite stores, where I found some things ON SALE!!!! :) Yes, it was a great trip! Now, I need to plan a lesson and put some treats together for tomorrow at Church, so that's it for now!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Very exciting. What a memory for Claire.

Heather said...

I'm excited to visit the MOA when we come out in July. You didn't mention which doll she picked out.