Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cows, Chickens, and Pigs LOVE ME!!!

Yes, all the furry animals are praising my name. "Why?," you might ask? Well, the universe has dealt me another fun blow. During my pregnancy with Finnegan, I became severely lactose intolerant. I mean SEVERELY! Even Lactaid, and other pills didn't work. It was so painful and frustrating to cut out ALL dairy products from my diet. Luckily, once Finn was born, within a few weeks I was able to resume eating dairy...mint chip ice cream and I had a very passionate reunion!
Anyhow..., in the past two months it has become increasingly hard to eat/digest meat. Even a bite of chicken will cause my stomach to turn, I get bloated, and nauseated...lucky me, this lasts on average for two days. So, bye-bye meat! As soon as I finish nursing everything should go back to normal. Apparently, these kinds of digestive issues aren't wholly uncommon when pregnant or nursing...THANKS FINN!
So, I have been looking for new recipes and as I find ones that I like I am going to post them. Here's the first of hopefully many...and if you have any tasty meatless recipes pass them onto me!
Grilled Stuffed Red Bell Pepper
*1 Large red bell pepper
*1 c. rice
*1/4 c. cream cheese
*1/4 c. feta cheese
*1/8 c. red onion
*salt and pepper to taste
* Mix above ingredients in bowl. Hollow out the bell pepper and stuff it with the rice/cheese mixture. Place top of bell pepper back on and grill on the barbeque until pepper is soft and cheese is hot (10-15 min.). Cut in and enjoy.
I eat this with Wheat Thins to scoop up the extra cheese when it oozes out. Yummy! Other recipes can be used to stuff this...stove-top stuffing, cous-cous, etc. Try things out and have fun!

4 comments:

Heather said...

sounds horrible! No wonder the animals love you so much. I don't think they like me at all. I will let you know if I come up with any recipes. good luck.

Unknown said...

The stuffed grilled peppers are great. I do not miss the meat with one of those.

Gaiwecoor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

(I was the author that removed above...no worries!)

I hear ya on the food intolerances. It sucks...I don't wish mine on anyone!