So, our camping trip was cancelled due to bad weather yesterday. This was indeed lucky due to the fact that my little boys were sick. Unfortunately, our friends (and camp cook) had already bought all the food! So, tonite we partook of our camp food at our friends home. Shawn cooked Dutch-oven chicken and potatoes with onions. We had lemonade, watermelon, and rice krispie treats. The funnest part of all of this is that we didn't eat in the house. We didn't eat in the backyard. We ate in the driveway! There was no shade anywhere else, and people drove by and honked, and people walked by and waved...it was so much fun! So here's to eating in the driveway! Lets make it a theme and next time lets use my driveway!
1 year ago

9 comments:
What camping trip? I thought that was supposed to happen in August or something or another.
Yea it sure is difficult to keep your parties secret when you party on a busy street.
next thing you know, we'll have a broken down truck in the front yard and a couple of long-eared, slobbery-mouthed dogs hanging out on the front porch full time!!
For the record- it was NOT a party. Someone was really upset that he didn't get to eat the camp food after he had bought it and prepped it all. So, at 4:00 he said "let's do the dutch oven dinner " and we did. It wasn't a secret but you weren't invited b/c we had bought only enough food for the 3 families who were going camping. We promise that we are equal opp hosts and you too can dine in our driveway soon.
BTW- I can't remember my password but of course I assume you know it's meredith- you might recognize the driveway........
What camping, what secret party. Is this the right place? White Trash I understand, but the rest goes over my head.
Delicious dinner BTW Thanks
You could be a little more Redneck.
I guess I must be a redneck too. I wanted to lay in the grass on a hot day and since we don't have grass, I layed on our driveway. My kids drew chalk around me so at least they had fun. It's not the same as grass though.
Hull-arious! Of course eating on the driveway in my part of the country is out of the question. We could definately COOK on it, but not eat. Thanks for the memory BTW. I forgot about "Tuna". I never did find out why that became his name...
Post a Comment