Thursday, June 26, 2008

Exercise Anyone?

Cade doing a practice run!

Personal Trainer: Ranger

Our little town of Austin hosts a kids track day twice during the summer. The idea is that the kids go out the first time in June and do their best...then return in July and try to beat their times. It was so much fun for the kids to participate. Cade did really well at the ball throw, and took third place in the fifty yard run. Claire did fabulous at the long jump, but fell down running the fifty. I was so proud of her though, because she got up, and crying, still finished the race. We all went out for ice cream to celebrate after the meet was over and praised Claire for finishing. Our family motto, which the kids know, is Connett's Never Quit!

The kids are also in swimming lessons everyday. They are doing really well, and with gas so expensive we walk every morning, to and from the pool! Finn and Jax go in my jogging stroller and Cade and Claire ride their bikes. Cade just learned how to ride a two-wheeler with NO TRAINING WHEELS! Way to go Cader!!! One morning Claire was going really slowly and Cade was down the block in front of us. He turned around and screamed, "Claire, hurry-up...Connett's never quit!" Hey- at least they got the idea!

In other exercise news, I am trying to walk a little bit everyday. I am averaging between fifteen and twenty miles a week. There is a Relay for Life walk to raise money and support for the American Cancer Society in August, and I am trying to get in shape for it. I figured if I took Ranger on my walks at night he would make sure that I went fast! I was right...my legs still hurt! Funny thing though...if your dog out-weighs you by fifty pounds you need two leashes! I realized this last year when walking him. If he sees a rabbit, or another dog, or a really aggressive looking tree...with his weight...HE WINS! Well, hopefully he'll get me into shape soon!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

LOL When are we going again?

Unknown said...

Plow those fields Vanessa. Is that a Great Dane? Ha Ha Ha!!!

Anonymous said...

hA hA! Maybe you could just hop on his back if he starts going too fast!