Recuperating at Home
Well, Eric, Jax, and I got up early this morning (5:00 AM) to go to the hospital. We checked in at 6:30 and we got him dressed in the cute pj's the hospital wanted him in. There was an hour where we killed time, but right at 8:00 am they took him back to surgery. I nearly killed me to watch him being rolled away...he was fine however and was pushing all the buttons along the hallway for the nurse who was wheeling his gurney to the O.R.
The actual surgery involved an incision above his pubic bone. Through this incision they tied off a tube that was letting fluid accumulate in his testicle. Then they found the actual testicle, pulled it out of his body, removed the fluid and sac, and then pushed the testicle back where it goes. OUCH! They sutured him up and he was off to the recovery room to regain consciousness.
At 9:15 he was brough back to us and BOY, was he out of it! In recovery he had gotten really upset (to the point that he was screaming so hard that he broke some blood vessels by his eye), and they gave him some morphine. So, of course the morphine made him throw-up a few times, but after on hour and a half we were released to come home. Now he's sleeping on the couch and wimpering...poor baby! The doctors think that he will be feeling a lot better tomorrow, so we're keeping our fingers crossed! Two more days to go!

5 comments:
I called to see how everything went but Bonnie was there watching the other kids!!! We will keep Jaxs in our prayers to night!!! I hope he heals fast!!!
Awww poor little guy! I hope he feels better tomorrow. When is his Uncle coming?
Speaking of little guys - found out today Justin's girlfriend is prego (Skylar's Mom you've heard me talk of him). Good thing he was planning to propose XMas Eve eh?
We're glad that he's home and safe. I hope everything goes okay and that he's back to being his happy (or happier) self soon!
Where is the picture of the scar??
Poor guy! Hope he is back to himself by now.
Post a Comment