Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy B-Day Jax...Happy Surgery Mommy!


Well, today Jax turned four! What a special little soul he is. Jax is our resident 'drama king', my best cuddler, and he comes up with the most hilarious comments every day. I can't get over how much he has grown and what a perfect addition he was, and is, to our family.
Jax was so excited this morning due to the fact that he was able to bring cupcakes to his preschool class to celebrate. Nothing makes this kid happier than sugar consumption!
In other news I has surgery this morning. Fun, fun, fun! I went into the hospital around 9:00 am for some surgery on my leg. Basically, one of my main veins wasn't working and this was causing vericose veins to run ffrom below my ankle up to the top of my thigh. While definetly ugly, the main cause of the surgery was due to the pain that I was in with aches and cramps in that leg. So, they put me under with general anesthesia and intubated me...sore throat now. Next they made an incision on the inside of my knee and threaded a small catheter up the damaged vein all the way to my groin area. Then they heat the vein up while pulling the catheter out thus killing the vein. Now, once the vein is dead it will stop 'feeding' all the veins in my lower leg.
I was truly blessed to be able to have this done, and I am so very thankful for the help I recieved from Meredith and Sarah. They jumped at the chance to help me out, and I even scored pizza, cookies, and my personal favorite...graham crachers and frosting! Meredith and her daughter Lily sayed at the house to visit for a while after I got home and I can't tell you how nice it was to have them as a distraction from the pain! Thanks girls, it was so much easier to relax knowing that the kids were taken care of. YOU ROCK! :)
Well, I am home now and feel sick from the anesthesia and my leg HURTS! Luckily, Jax has easy culinary requests, so Eric is bringing Culvers burgers and fries home and we have cupcakes for dessert. The big family party will be on Sunday, when hopefully I am feeling better. So, that's the story and now I'm going to take my drugs and lay down!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Huh, I have vericose veins too, but they don't ever bother me. I've had them since I was about 15.
My dad has had his removed a couple of times, but they just grow back.

Nessa said...

Yikes! If they grow back after this I think I'll kill myself! :)

meredith said...

What a handsome young man wearing a great crown. We sent a lot of little ones home on a sugar high on Friday :). I'm glad everything went well and I loved visiting as well. Let me know if you need ANYTHING. -especially someone to hold Griff. That's one of my favorite jobs :)