Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Nutcracker

My Claire, Emily Asay, and Claire Asay...SO SWEET!

My Claire, Emily Asay, and Claire Asay...SO, um, SWEET???

Well, tonight was Claire's Nutcracker performance! It is usually before Christmas, but a big storm postponed it until this week. She was a little nervous before rehersal, but once that was out of the way she was fine! We raced home for an hour, stopping to pick-up some pizzas for dinner (the three boys were STARVING), ate, and I did Claire's hair and stage make-up. We made it to the auditorium in perfect time and the performance went off without a hitch. It is so fun to watch the little ones dancing...always makes me smile. This year we brought everyone...yep, Claire danced while Eric, myself, and all three of the boys...and Granny, watched. I am almost as proud of the boys as I am of Claire...they did very well for staying up so late.
*A quick explaination of the above pictures...I bribed the girls to take a 'good' picture, with the incentive that they could take a 'crazy' picture. They all like the crazy picture the best, and quite frankly...so do I! Just don't tell the kids that, or I'll never get them to pose in a normal way ever again!

4 comments:

meredith said...

what a cute picture :)

Paige said...

i have to say Claire's (your claire) face is the best!

Renee Anderson said...

That was so much fun last night! I dibs being fill- in- grandmother for all three!!

Dawn said...

TRUE COLORS!