Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting older!

Eric with Cade and Jax

Well, the wonderful husband of mine is turning thirty this Sunday (25th)! He doesn't want a big fuss made about it so we are just going out a few times this week. The festivities start tomorrow when we go to Old Mill with a few friends...nothing like a HUGE piece of Prime Rib, and homemade desserts to start off the birthday celebration! Then, on Friday, Eric and I are going out to the movies while Granny watches the kids! Sunday is his actual birthday and we are keeping it low-key. Dinner at home, followed by cake and ice cream. The fun thing this year is that the kids have a holiday that Monday, so they want to stay-up late and watch movies with Daddy.
Now, you may be wondering what I get Eric for his birthday. The answer is that he doesn't get his gift until summer. Why? My crazy husband has decided that he would like to go skydiving to celebrate turning thirty! My thoughts on this are #1- hey, it's his idea, and if that's what he really wants to do then I will be there with a camera waiting for him to land. #2 Why not...he's got life insurance (just kidding)! #3 personally, I think he's nuts...if we were meant to fly we would have wings! :) Luckily, he has a cousin who is just as nuts as him and they are both going to do this! See...now there's irrefutable proof tha I have married into a family of wack-jobs! I guess the jokes on me though, because I love Eric and his family very much.
Okay- so I'll post more pictures during the week for everyone! Have a great week!

9 comments:

Granny said...

My boy is turning 30 ....i am freaking out ....oh and by the way , you fit in perfectly to this crazy family ....

Ashley said...

Happy birthday! I still don't even know where the OLD Mill is? lol... Enjoy!

Barbara Pampanin said...

What a treat to get updated on you and your darling family, Nessa! Thank you for inviting me in.
Happy, Happy Birthday to Eric! Grandma Barbara(GB)

Unknown said...

Wow - no way! I'd be so scared. I thought Rachel Bauer was nuts when she did that for her 18th .. looks like my opinion hasn't changed much :0)

Also, I spoke to soon about not getting comments from anyone but friends - the next day I had 6 spammer comments - I guess I got yours after you went private!

Heather said...

sky diving is safer than bungee jumping isn't it? good luck with that.

Unknown said...

Sky diving for my 40th Birthday is the plan. Eric and I are 10 years apart so I will let him jump first. Youth before beauty or something like that.

meredith said...

I can't wait for the sky diving. I promise to cheer you both on....from the ground!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tell the old man it aint that bad being 30...they have great prices on Depends now a days. tee hee.....have fun you guys! We miss you

meredith said...

Hello? Is anyone still blogging here?????