Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jesse James Festival

The Campers!

Can you read the sign?

Well, due to the cold, we didn't go on the camping trip. It would have just been too hard with Finn still so young. So instead, we made smores and set-up our tent in our front room. The kids loved it and I was able to sleep in my own room. Now, that's how I like to camp!
The next morning we packed up the car and drove to Northfield for the 'Defeat of Jesse James Days'. The re-enactment was great, as always, and the kids had so much fun looking at the bullet holes in the bank walls. The town really goes all out and most kids are dressed as cowboys and cowgirls. Even the police foot-patrol was handing out stickers that looked like police badges that said DEPUTY to all the kids! We had fun and are definetly looking forward to going back next year!
In school news...Claire had her first day of dance yesterday (which she loved) and goes back to school tomorrow. Even though Cade has only been in school for a week, there is already a fundraiser going on at his school. Oh, the joy of having the kids in school! Hope that all is well with everyone out there!!!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Actually because of church we managed to miss all of the shows and the parade! I was bummed. We will have to do it again next year. We instead spent the afternoon at Noah's boss' house and played games.

meredith said...

We promise to make it next year. We know we missed out on a lot of fun. Qatar kept telling us how we were missing the BEST donuts (or at least the best shaped donuts). I love the ATM picture and we are already scheduled for next year. We just won't camp (and/or loose 7 children) the night before!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I started going to the Civil War reenactment in Duncans Mills about 3 years ago and I LOVE it. If it didn't involve camping outdoors I would totally sign up to do it myself!

Fundraisers? Now I understand why our parents hated those magazine sales that started a week after school started.

Anonymous said...

Now that's my kind of camping too! The kids have just as much fun and you have even more. I wish had the cold as an excuse! What a fun festival to go to.

Jaush and Amy said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We went to a car show so Cannon could see "racecars". Its interesting the things you go to when you are looking for fun things to do with kids! oh and Whats up Eric!

Paige said...

I'm sorry, who is that baby Claire is holding, he is growing so fast, he looks like a little boy in this picture! So who replaced me as the Claire squared teacher? Man I miss them