Monday, January 3, 2011

Griffin is 1! He made it...and so have we!

Monkey Cake

Such a neat eater!

We reached a major milestone for Griffin this past week. On Dec. 31 (New Years Eve), our youngest turned 1! Griffin is such a good baby...I guess that I can't call him a baby anymore, huh? We had a party on his birthday, and a big celebration last night with all of the family. We've called Griffin 'Monkey' for a long time, so I made him a monkey cake. There were also cupcakes with little banana runt candies on top. He got many great toys, and it was so fun to visit with family and friends. I am so proud of all the little things that my littlest man has accomplished, and take delight in every new thing that he masters. So, in answer to the question "How do you know you are done having kids?"...my answer is that when he rolled over for the first time, sat up, said "Mama", took his first step...followed by RUNNING, I was so excited for the next accomplishment in his future. I didn't regret that these were the last times that I would see these things in one of my children...I just delighted in the fact that I am blessed enough to have seen these things.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the cake. Such a cute idea.
Happy Birthday Griffin!

Dawn said...

AMEN to that. He sure is a cutie.