Kids bathroom
Bathrooms have become even more of a focus around here this past week. I have FINALLY finished the kids bathroom! I painted it blue and then painted different sized polka dots all over the walls (feels like it took a year out of my life!). The sink/cabinet was a really dark/dingy brown, and rather than spending the money to replace it I painted it white. It really brightens up the room and makes it looks nice. So, in other bathroom news (I know that you are all on the edge of your seats), Finnegan is starting to potty train. Right now it is still the early stages, but he is using the regular 'grown-up' potty, and we've put the training-potty away after only a few days...I hate those things! He is peeing and sometimes pooping in the toilet with hM&M's as a reward/treat for a job well done!:) Knock on wood, but of all the boys so far he is doing the best. Claire forever spoiled me as she went from diapers to panties with NO accidents in 1 day...is it any wonder that I love her? :) So, right now the name of the game is consistency. Every half-hour I break out the M&M bowl and Finnegan makes the trek down to the bathroom of his choice with Griffin and Buffy in hot pursuit...yes, in this house using the bathroom is a spectator sport...for all of us! I'm proud of him and am freakishly excited at the prsopect of having only one child in diapers. To all of you reading this have a great day...use your'big boy pottys', and please don't forget to wash your hands! :)

3 comments:
Only a mommy could appreciate this post like I do. Congrats on the potty training! I dread the day I have to do it again-looks like it will be sooner rather than later--
The wall looks really cute by the way. Good job.
Congrats and I love the bathroom. What is that little door in the wall? Since you will (shortly) have done this four times, how about I fly you out in about a year and let you teach Jacob? :0)
Roxie has been giving us signs she is ready but we haven't had any success in the potty yet. The other day she took off her diaper handed it to me and Said "I'm going potty could you please shut the door."
Post a Comment