Monday, August 23, 2010

Biting Off More Than We Can Chew!

Four Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree...

See, I wasn't the only tired one!

So, after the great weekend last week, Eric and I decided to go out with the kids again this Saturday. We may have over-done it a bit however. We started the morning getting the kids dressed in nice outfits and taking them to the Country Club for breakfast. They ate tons (best belgin waffles in town!), and even got to watch cartoons on the big screen in the dining room...spoiled much? :) Next, we rushed home, let the dogs out and changed our clothes in order to go to Oxbow Park. This is a great nature center/preserve that even has a Zoo at it. There are hiking trails, parks, etc., but we stuck to the Zoo for this trip. The highlight of the trip for the kids was when the otters, while swimming in a tank right in front of Cade, took the opportunity to "go potty". Yes, anything that has to do with bathroom humor is big in this house.
Next, we got into the car again and drove to Sam's Club to stock up on back-to-school snacks...juice boxes, pretzels, sandwich bags, etc. Since it was Saturday there were TONS of free samples along the way. Seriously, if I can recall everything, there was pizza, kool-aid, sandwich wraps, breakfast sanwiches, italian sausages on french bread, broccoli with cheese, muffins, and cream puffs! The kids were definetly stuffed by the time we got out of there!
We left Sam's Club and ran over to Hy-Vee so I could get my fresh produce and then made the 45 minute drive home. All I can say at the end of the day was thank goodness and bless the person who developed portable DVD players! :)
We finished out the weekend with Church on Sunday, followed by a party at David and Lisa's celebrating David and Gunnar's birthdays. Busy weekend, but very fun!

3 comments:

meredith said...

what a busy weekend. I'm glad Sunday was so low key. Fun and tasty :)

Heather said...

Wow that was a busy weekend. I think you can breathe now.

Dawn said...

love the monkey picture