Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Veggie Garden!



So, now that the playset is up and functional, it was on to the next project...my vegetable garden. Eric had cut the sod in that section of the yard over the weekend, and the owner of the nearby nursery lent us a roto-tiller (so nice and helpful)! Yesterday I planted all of the veggies and then set the posts and ran the fence...we have a multitude of bunny-rabbits out here that will eat the garden if they can get to it. So, here's what I planted: red bell peppers, green bell peppers, cabbage, lettus, carrots, zuchinni, squash, ground cherries, onions, and watermellon. Hopefully it goes well. I also have a topsy-turvy tomato plant growing and a strawberry topsy-turvy full of strawberry plants and jalapenos! Now...what should the next project be???

2 comments:

Heather said...

very cool. I was wondering how the topsy turvy does compared to the ground tomatoes we planted. I didn't realize there was a strawberry one too.

Dawn said...

You are amazing. How exciting to get your garden growing. Good luck with it (and keeping the bunnies out).