Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Preschool Pumpkin Carving Party!

Cade and Claire get put to work!

Stars, Hearts, a Smile, and SNOT!

Last night was Claire's preschool pumpkin carving party. Yep- nothing says fun and safety like a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds hyped up on sugar and running around, while their parents hack into pumpkins with carving knives! We had so much fun! Claire got to 'design' her pumpkin and Eric carved it for her. He did get to put some of his own ideas into it though...if you look closely the pumpkin has "snot" coming out of it's nose...I am so proud! Claire slso had dance yesterday and was able to dress-up in a costume for class. Due to the fact that she got to dress up, the boys had to try on their costumes as well. All the kids are counting the days until we get to Halloween, and their excitement has become contagious! Hopefully, we'll be able to stay out for a while. I think that the weather is supposed to be in the 40's. Well, good thing that I got out the winter jackets this week!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had fun, we miss doing the pumpkin carving at Preschool. But, with kids going here and there we are busy every night of the week. It is strange, but the older they get the busier I get.

Heather said...

I like the snot and throw up myself on Jack-o-lanterns. glad you had fun.

Unknown said...

Skylar and Bailey did theirs last night to - neither one of them wanted to put their hands into the "icky" insides. Ha! When I was a kid I loved that.

I hope my staff has as much fun doing their carving contest - I go buy them pumpkins today!

meredith said...

Those are cute pics. And it was a lot of fun- especially since I got out of carving anything :)

meredith said...

Nessa- be nice to my mom, she's just starting to blog so don't tease her or she won't read about her grandkids anymore.
BTW my word verification is sili sapp. How funny.

Heather said...

Hey Vanessa, I don't know if you have cleaned your windows yet, but I will give you a tip. The more water you use, the less elbow grease you need.
(I'll let you know if I think of any cool ways to decorate for Thanksgiving.)