Cenneidigh, J.T., Jax in the back, Cade and Jacob!
Well, another miracle has happened! Cade has made it to 6 years old! I know, I know, I am shocked as well! We had a few of the family over for cake and ice cream, and we were lucky that my mom, Grandma Rita, was able to spend a few days with us!
So, Cade had wanted me to make his cake this year. Last May I made Claire a Princess Castle Cake...and if I do say so, it came out prety good! Well, I asked Cade what kind of cake he wanted and he said a chocolate Pirate Ship cake...yeah-he might as well have asked me to build him a nuclear reactor for his birthday! Lucky for me, my mom and I found a Pirate Ship cake at the local grocery store...thank goodness! He got lots of toys and had a really fun time. I really love it when all the cousins converge on us, all 10 of them, plus the Martin's 3 (with our kids we are at 17!)...it was so fun to stay up and chat with everyone.
I had such a good time visiting with 'the girls' while all the men-folk went downstairs and played video games. I can't wait for Thanksgiving and the holiday season. It is so fun to go to everyones homes and spend time with eachother...as if we don't see eachother enough every week! Well, the drawback to the holidays is that we get REALLY cold weather! Remind me again why we live out here!:) It's already getting pretty chilly...better stock up on hot chocolate and soup! We hope you are all ready for winter and the holidays...wherever you live!

6 comments:
Hey, your blogging again. You must be out of rehab. I hope you make it this time.
Best Wishes.
Rehab from...
PEANUT M&M's
Yes, it was fun. Loud but fun. My house is always so quiet that your house breaks my ears. Haha
Nessa it amazes me that you remind me so much now of Martha Stewart :0) I might have to start calling you that ....
Your Mom looks great!
It was a lot of fun- so much so that I didn't want to leave :) (And yes, I did follow through with only feeding the kids cake and ice cream for dinner. We got home so late that I just put the kids to bed.) and BTW, just to keep you honest, only 2 of my kids were there. Charlie has seen the pics of the mcake and is sad that she missed it. why don't you get another cake like that for Thanksgiving? (j/k, please don't kill me or there won't be a ham for Thanksgiving.......Have fun with your mom and tell her bye from all of us. Shawn says he's bummed that his trip kept him from seeing her)
We just saw your pictures on Ashely's site and they are wonderful. Now to the food so far it has been great we are not suffering. THey eat a lot of lamb here Lamb hot dogs are a favorite with them. Recipe
1 lamb hot dog
1 bun
2 heaping Tablespoons of french fried onions (the type you put on string bean cassarole Yuk!!)
2 heaping T of fresh onions
as much Physlar sauce as you want, (a mixture of mustard, sugar and mayonaise.
As much special mustard as you like.
They line up at the stands around here for that hot dog. It is considered a treat, I guess President Clinton got one at a stand and they now have a picture of him eating an Icelandic Physlar. Love to All Eileen
Post a Comment