Sunday, August 24, 2008

Carmel, Ca!




Well, busted-up foot and all we flew out to Ca. The weather was a little crummy while we were there, but it didn't deter us from going to the beach, and climbing around all the tide pools. I can't even begin to explain how many shells I am still finding in my laundry from the kids pockets! We were especially lucky to be able to go the the Monterey Bay Aquarium one morning. Those of you who haven't been there shpuld go if you are ever able. It's not just fun for the kids...I love it too!
There was even a big car show out there and everywhere we drove in town, there were Lamborghinis, Ferrari's, Corvettes, Bentleys...you name it and it was there...really weird since the majority of those cars are more expensive than my house! The kids had a blast with their grandparents and loved seeing my brother, Uncle Richard.
As much fun as it was, it is nice to be back home. This is the last week of summer! I can't quite wrap my mind around it...it seems like summer just started! Hope everyone has a great week!

9 comments:

Paige said...

ok, i have been gone like two weeks and those kids, especially Claire and Finn look way old, tell them to slow down!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had a nice trip even with the busted foot. Murphy's law is hitting here to - my fiance' broke his elbow last Friday, Justin cut his hand with the saw on Saturday and I found out I have to have my tonsils taken out before the wedding. Yay!

Does your Dad live in Carmel now or just have another house other than Orinda?

meredith said...

I'm glad you guys are back safe and sound- I love the pictures. They are so cute!!!

H. Wimmer said...

Sounds like you had a fun time visiting ca!!!

Unknown said...

Summer is almost gone, the weather has turned cold a few weeks earlier then usual. I had a blanket on the bed last night. Glad you had a good time, or at least the kids did, gimping around is not lots of fun.

Heather said...

Your kids are so cute!

Susan said...

Love it! Kev is looking into the bubble wrap now for me. hehe!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I just saw your comment on my blog. Yes, engaged. October 12!
Look forward to getting your email so we can catch up!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

What a beautiful family! Looks like we had better weather on the Oregon coast.