The one thing that I have learned as a mom is NEVER think that I know what is going to come out of my children's mouths at any given time! We've had a few recent sayings that have been totally hilarious to us. First-up Cade:
Me: "Cade, do dogs talk?"
Cade: "Yep"
Me: "How do they speak?" (I thought that he'd say that they bark)
Cade: (exasperated) "They speak Doglish mom"
Well, of course they do. I can't believe that I didn't know that!
Next-up Jax:
A little background for you all...whenever Eric and I are eating something that we do NOT want Jax to eat we say it's spicy...yes, I know that we are lying to our two year old, but darn it, there are times that I am simply NOT willing to share my Mint Chip Ice Cream! So...
Cade: "Hey, Jax, can I have a sip of your apple juice?"
Jax: (with no hesitation) "No, Cader, it's SPICY!"
I'm so in trouble...what does this mean for my ice cream?
One more thought. I have come to the conclusion that I wasted a lot of time getting an education. No, really! Think about it. I graduated from high school, have a Bachelor of Science from Arizona State University, and all my life I've heard... "someday you'll need to know this". Well, as a stay at home mom I have gained the knowledge that all I really needed to know was how to count to three. Seriously,... "Clean your room. One...Two...don't make me say three...!" See what I mean? All those lost years spent studying, and all I've needed to know I learned in preschool...who knew?

7 comments:
Just think though - if you had never gone to school you wouldn't have already done everything that they will do as they grow up - this gives you an opportunity to cut them off at the trouble making pass :0) - Tara
That's why I'm teaching preschool this year, because everything I need to know I already learned there.
I know I feel my education was a waste at times. But then again I am more educated then my kids and can keep rubbing it in until they graduate college. Then I will rely on more life experience, I will always have more of that then they will.
I tried the whole spicy route but martin Loves chips and Salsa!!! Were talking Salsa i won't eat because its just a bit to spicy for me...AZ boy all the way.
Spicey...that's good..I'll have to try that. I wish you were closer...wouldn't it be great to just put our kids in the middle of the room for some entertainment? Who needs TV whne you've got a 2 year old?
It's a good thing I know my colors. We play "I spy" to clean up and "I spy" somthing blue, green, red, etc. all the time! Thank you graphic design degree! Oh wait, I mean, thank you preeschool!
I love reading the funny things kids say. Doglish! How creative!
Post a Comment