Today my little girl turned four! What a special, lovely blessing she is to Eric and me. Like a fool I asked her what kind of cake she wanted. We went online and looked at cake sites and she saw a princess castle cake that I, in turn, tried to replicate. It actually turned out quite cute, and only took like three years off my life! She had a lot of fun playing with her cousins, eating sweets, and sneaking up on "Uncle" David to throw grass at him. She got so spoiled by everyone...just her due as princess of the house, which is okay. I figure that if she's the princess, that makes me the queen!
Now, I wish to apologize for my lack of recent posts...some concerned readers of the blog have commemted on my absent posts...(DAVID!!!) and here's why I haven't written. 10 days ago Cade came home with pink eye...two days later, I got it...three days after that, Claire and Jax came down with it...and the next day Finn! For the past week and a half my house has been like an episode of Animal Planet. "How so," you might ask? Well, where ever the kids went in the house, you could find me quietly stalking them...no longer my children, but my prey. Instead of claws and teeth, my predatory weapons were disinfectant wipes and Lysol. I swear...my house is so clean, you could perform surgery on the kitchen table! Everyone is better now and if someone comes down with pink eye this week, I'm going need a padded room...no really, does anyone know where I can find one of those?

4 comments:
Give Claire a hug from Doug and I. We miss you guys so much!!
Sorry to hear about the pink eye martin gets it after ever cold and it sucks!!
Nice job on the cake! I made one that didn't look quite that good for both Miriam and Emily's 5th b-days. Four is SO grown up, huh? It goes by too fast!
I did miss there were no new posts but the picture of Finn made up for it. Congratulations to Claire and your cake making abilities.
Clarie is absolutly adorable! I can't beleive she's that big. You're such a good mom to make the cake, it turned out great.
Post a Comment