This Saturday was the annual Scottish Festival out here in MN. Eric, Lisa, and Bonnie all volunteer a few hours of making balloon animals in order to get some free tickets. The kids all have such a wonderful time running around and visiting all the Clans. There is log throwing, a King of the Knobby Knees contest (kilts), and they even have the long haired Scottish cows. This year one of the ranchers brought a seventeen day old calf...which Jax fell in love with! The sun and the excitement worked to tire everyone out and we were able to get home and crash before too late!
Sunday started out very badly for me. I got everyone dressed for Church, Eric came home from his meetings, and we left for Church 10 minutes early so Eric could meet with the bishop (he got released from his calling). Of course about half-way there I realized that I had forgotten the cookies for my Relief Society class. We turned around, got the cookies, and then went back to Church. As we pulled into a parking slot I realized that I had also forgotten my church bag with my lesson papers...thus I dropped Eric off and raced back home to get everything! Needless to say I was stressed out yesterday.
After we got home and ate, Eric, Bonnie, the kids, and I played the Wii. We were playing the bowling game and each player was using their own personally made characters. Claire's looks like her, Eric's character looks like him, etc. The only difference is that Bonnie's character has bushy eyebrows, blue eye shadow, a beauty mark, and a goatee. Cade and Claire had more fun taunting Granny about the fact that she is a "boy", than actually playing the game. It was especially fun when Cade looked at her and told her, " it's okay for you to kiss girls Granny, because you're a BOY!" Maybe we should start calling her Grandpa!

3 comments:
Way to go Bonnie!
That is so funny! We went to a friends house and played the Wii for the first time. They had Tyler make his own character and for some reason he decided he should be a short fat black kid with huge eyes. We could not convince him otherwise and we were laughing so hard afterwords.
We all have those Sundays. Sunday is so stressful for me too. I have 12 sunbeams to teach and ten of them come regularly. I just have to get through it and then sigh when the next week comes.
lol
that is the perfect pic of your kids!
we'll have to do a wii bowling league . . .
Post a Comment