Monday, April 5, 2010

Slave Laor and Easter!

Stripping wallpaper and glue...Mommy's helpers!

Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Almond frosting and cookie decorations!

Peanut-Butter pie...my new favorite!

Easter morning...bring on the junk food!

While the kids may drive me nuts 23 hours of the day...yes, even in my sleep, I have to say that they are fun hardworking helpers! I decided to repaint a bathroom in the house, but it meant ripping down wallpaper which I HATE!!!! Cade came in and helped me rip it down and then he stayed and scraped glue off the walls for two hours! The other kids ended-up coming in to help and the whole job went so fast! I can't help but be so glad that they are learning to help and work hard. I am so very proud of them!
Easter...so fun! We had everyone over for dinner...24 people, and it was a blast! The Peter's (7 people), the Martin's (5), Rick, Eileen and Amanda (3), the Missionaries (2), and us (7)...yikes! There was ham, leg of lamb, three kinds of potatoes, veggies, rolls and desserts. I made carrot cake cupcakes with almond frosting (because the Easter bunny eats CARROTS), and then I found a recipe for peanut-butter pie! I'll post it in the recipe of the month...it was soooooo GOOD! This was truly one of my favorite Easter's to date! Tonight we will do our Easter egg hunt at Lisa's and celebrate J.T.'s birthday ( a cousin). Afterall, why have one day of candy and junk food when you can have two? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those cupcakes are adorable! I love them!