Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thank Heaven for Little Boys!

Jax wearing Daddy's sweater!

Playing with Claire's hair!

So, I have come to the realization that it is a good thing that I have four boys and only one girl. Why is this you may ask? Claire is a 'girly' girl. By this I mean she wants her nails and toe nails painted all the time. She wants her hair done just the right way, and don't even get me started on getting her dressed for Church and her high heels (low platform dress shoes that I found)! She loves to wear dresses and once the weather is warm, absolutely refuses to wear shorts or pants! She loves to come into my bathroom and practice doing her own hair...she's actually gotten good at it! In the morning she can pull it back into a ponytail and even tie a ribbon in it! With all the drama of matching her outfit to her fingernail color, it has made me thankful that she is my only girl...I can spend all my time doing girly things with her and spoil her a bit. Also, in the summers when all the boys will go camping with Dad in the next few years, Claire and I are going to 'camp' in a hotel in the cities and go shopping at the Mall of America. That is definetly my way of camping!
-Oh, a cute story about Jax...We were walking yesterday and we passed a police car. Jax was telling me that you have to listen to the policeman otherwise you go to jail. I replied that he was right, and tried to explain that the policemen are like the boss, so we need to listen to what they tell us to do. He then looked up at me and said, "No, mommy. The policemen aren't the boss, Jesus is the boss!" We compromised by concluding that Jesus is the boss and that the policemen are the second bosses! :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

cute post. I'm glad for my little boys too...and that I still can play with my little girl and dress her up. I'm glad Jesus is the boss too.

Unknown said...

That's an adorable story LOL

Only one girl huh - does that mean you aren't going for #6 and a 2nd girl? :0(

I guess I'll just have to have the girl for you!

Dawn said...

She's a keeper, though.

...and so is he. =D

Renee Anderson said...

Out of the mouth of babes!

And...I look forward to seeing how 'put' together Claire is every Sunday!