Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hunting for Eggs and J.T.'s B-Day!

Griffin watching the goings-on!

Finnegan finding eggs!

Jaxon found a ton!

Claire picking through the yard!

Cade...running as fast as he could to get the eggs!

Last night was our family's anual Easter Egg Hunt! We had so much fun! Each family brought a pizza to share and boy was there a ton to eat! The kids filled up and then went outside to find the eggs. It is so fun to watch the little kids get excited about finding eggs, but it is even more exciting to see the older kids revert into younger kids as they find eggs too! After Lisa's yard had been thoroughly combed through the kids came inside to partake of some of their eggs. My house is now full of jellybeans and chocolate...those of you who know me well know that this means I amm in HEAVEN!
So, today Jax is complaining of a stomach-ache, Finnegan is whining constantly, riffin is fine but, being a baby, is needy, and I have GOT to finish the bathroom! Everything is painted, but I have to spread a polyurethane finish on the counter (3 coats). Then it will be finished! The next big project is the kids bathroom...that will have to wait until after I paint Bonnie's sunroom and kitchen. I am really going to hate painting by the end of April I am afraid!
Hopefully the rest of this week will go well for us. I have a million things that I want to do in the house, and the on Saturday Eric is making balloon animals at the Week of the Young Child at the local mall for a few hours. After he gets home I will be painting Bonnie's rooms, and then Sunday is cousin J.T.'s baptism which I am baking a huge cake for! Don't even get me started on the following week when Eric goes out of town from Tuesday through Saturday...life is crazy, but I am truly blessed to be able to say that every stressful day, and every trial are worth it when I look at the smiling faces of my kids! I am amazed at how lucky Eric and I truly are!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love egg hunts and the giddy excitement that comes with them. It was fun to have the Easter Bunny stop by here on Sunday!