Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Accident Prone Child!

Finnegan, the walking disaster!

Yesterday Finnegan, Granny, and I all got to go on a fun-filled, action packed adventure to the ER! I swear, the last time that we were there it was for Finn because he split open the corner of his eye. This kid has so many scrapes and bruises that it was truly a miracle that he made it to his first birthday! All the other kids seemed to have a sense of 'self-preservation' at this age, but Finn...I think we should have named him Evil Kinevel. He falls down stairs, purposely tips chairs over backwards, and put EVERYTHING (includung dog food) into his mouth.
Well, last night he was wimpering and not using his right arm at all. Every time we would try to get him to move it he would cry. Eric stayed with the other kids and I picked up Granny and took Finn to the ER. We got in pretty quick and after seeing the DR. was told that they needed to x-ray his arm. The Dr. thought that it was something called 'Nurse-maids elbow' where the tendon that runs the length of the arm (alongside the elbow)gets dislocated. The good thing is that most of the time, just by getting the x-ray and twisting the arm around for the different x-ray images, it will snap into place. Luckily for us it did. The Dr. then showed me how to twist his arm to snap it back into place if it happens again. Unfortunately, we were told that this is going to be something that we have to watch out for until he gets older. No picking him up by his arms, no swinging him between us, etc. He's doing MUCH better this morning and I'm keeping the Tylenol close! He is such a trooper!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That Superman costume is SUPER cute!

Ashley said...

Wow good grief you are not kidding about his being accident prone! Poor baby!

Rachael said...

That pic of him is so cute! I still can't believe you have 4 kids!

Unknown said...

So I am sitting here watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay and he's competing against "the casserole queens."

They make food and neighbors place orders and they deliver different casserole's daily. I don't know why that reminded me of you - I guess because I could see you doing something like that because you love to cook so much (mind you they didn't have 4 children lol)

Katie said...

This happens to my niece all the time. You're brave, I'd feel like I was going to rip the poor thing off. The joys of being a mom. Oh, and when did he grow up, he looks so cute in his costume.