Rockbanders!
Well, we decimated the bird. Almost drank the gravy bowl, and we able to sit around with family and friends and enjoy this fun holiday. Eric's grade school friend, Brian, drove out all the way from northern California to see us...what FUN!!!The kids had such fun with their Uncle B! This year was a more low key Turkey Day due to the fact that Rick and Eileen are in Iceland, Paige is off becoming a lawyer, and the Bremner's had family in town at their home. It was sooooo quiet with just us, the Peter's, the Martin's, and Amanda! :)For those who don't know how many kids we each have we are talking 20 people.
After the food was eaten, second helpings were enjoyed and belts were loosened...it happened. Yes, you know of what I speak...I have nightmares every few days of the HORROR that is RockBand! Get all these people together, with instruments and a microfone...OH MY GOSH! (It's a good thing that none of us drink!)
We went to bed late, being Brian's last night and I got up at 4:15 AM to go shopping with Lisa, Bonnie, and Meredith. I really didn't know that there WAS a 4 AM...who knew! We got a LOT of shopping done and then went home. I hung out with the kids and we cleaned up a bit, got out the decorations, and put up our Christmas tree! By 9:00 I was exhausted! I went upstairs and sat in bed reading while Eric played a new videogame...purchased at 5:00 AM! I was getting mad because I thought he was in the hall throwing things around to freak me out so I got up to tell him to quit it and that's when I saw it...A BAT! Yikes, freaky enough, but it flew into Finnegan's room. I ran downstairs and got Eric who took it all instride...that is until he got upstairs and realized that it was flying! He thought it was just hanging and sleeping! Using towels...and my bath robe (thanks Hon!) he caught it and put it outside. I'm sorry that there are no pictures of this, but I was busy hiding in my room humming loudly so that I couldn't hear the squeaks from the bat!
Hope you all have a great weekend and a fabulous Holiday Season...BAT FREE!;)

10 comments:
Bonnie told me about the bat- crazy!!! I'm glad you're all fine and that no one was bit! Thanks for the great meal and friendship. AND for all the fun shopping. I was so tired but it was so worth it!
Wow I never looked better. I was having a hard time with that song, but then i figured it out and was looking much better.
Give it up Lisa...you know that you're a Rock Band Hottie!
Hey bats aren't that bad - that was one of my many duties in the CO - bat catcher. We had lots of them get in when the employees were coming to work (at least as was the only way we figured they were getting in).
Sounds like a great Turkey Day!!! The kids are adorable!
This one time...ask Lisa, she gets bats all the time. I freaked out and threw her kids on top of me to hide from it. Your babies are looking so grown up!
We got bats in our attic once in MS through a hole in the roof. Interesting isn't it?
Brian go to El Mo?
I knew my whole family had bats in their bellfrys it was just a matter of admitting to it, our old house was a haven for bats, we had to chase out more then one, I of course took Vanessa's route and hid under the covers. Finnegan is getting so big and all that hair!! They are all darling even my darling one playing drums.
By the way ask Bonnie to put SKYPE on her computer so we can talk for free.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow never a dull moment there. Crazy bat!!
Post a Comment