As many of my friends and family know, I LOVE ZUMBA! I started taking a Zumba class in September with my mom-in-law. We just wanted to try something new and hey, it got me out of the house in the middle of the day...without children! That alone was cause for a little 'booty-shake'! :) So, Bonnie and I took the class. I LOVED it! Really, I loved it so much that I can remember the song that we first did (Shake It by Metro Station). Ever since then i have taken one to two classes a week. I even got some of the videos in order to work on perfecting the moves. I thought that eventually I would get sick of it but in fact, my interest grew until I was downloading 'Pitbull' (love his songs), and choreographing in my head while i heard songs on the radio. After talking to my Zumba instructor, and all the support of my friends and family, I decided to simlpy go for it and get my instructor lisence. So, this Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, I spent the day in Zumba Instructor Training. The day was packed with lecture, master classes, step reviews, quick water breaks...which resulted in quick bathroom breaks, and moving, moving, moving! To say I was tired at the end of it was an understatement! There was our Master trainer, Joy, and another trainer named Hugo. They were amazing...so amazing that at one point the back row stopped dancing just to watch Hugo move! At the end of the day I recieved my license to teach Zumba and fell into the sleep of the dead! :) So, that was my weekend...another training (Zumba for kids), in two weeks! I'm so very excited!
1 year ago

2 comments:
Good for you! I bet it feels nice to get out of the house! That will give you a little free time to yourself :0) I keep thinking about ordering the tapes but I dunno?
Good For You!! Sounds like it is going to be tons of fun. I have thought about taking classes but I have zero skills
Post a Comment