Buffy!
Playing Together!
So, I post a lot about what the kids are doing, and about what I am doing, but here's a post for the pups of the house! I am truly lucky that I have such good dogs. I see people with dogs that are bad with kids, or that are overly aggressive and I think, "Phew...I'm glad I don't have a pet like that!"
Ranger is our 150 lb. Great Dane. Personally, I feel that he thinks that he is a human. He is wonderful with the kids and lets them climb on him, poke at him, and lay with him. He sheds ALL OVER the house, but I guess that it isn't his own fault...being that he doesn't have opposeable thumbs, I guess that he can't brush himself! He will eat dog food, but his favorite food by far is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, bean and cheese burritos, and pepperoni pizza. Oh, he is also a Cheeto-holic!
Buffy is the newest addition to our household. She is truly a little princess. she goes in the car with us, follows us around, and yes...she sleeps on our bed (sigh). Buffy is a Maltese, which is translated into cute, fluffy, little puff ball. She cuddles, she prances, and at every opportunity jumps upon Ranger. She likes to chew right now...hopefully she will lose her teeth soon and will grow out of this stage due to the fact that she likes to chew on toes...mine, Claire's, Griffin's, etc. One of the best things about Buffy is that she has HAIR, not fur. This means NO SHEDDING!!! YIPPEE!
No more pets are on the horizon for right now...Ranger is getting old (for a Great Dane). Their life span is 8-10 years and he is almost 6. If we add anything else to the house it will be fish, but Cade has been asking for fish for a year now, so I am waiting until his birthday in October. So, to everyone with dogs, cats, birds, fish, and those crazy enough to have rodents or reptiles (you freaks!), enjoy your pets this day!

2 comments:
Too much for me.
I really want fish - a nice aquarium - but then I think of moving in a few years and realize those fish would need to be transported 2,000 miles :0)
Post a Comment