Saturday, January 2, 2010




So, I had it way too easy...I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop! :) Well, here's the story...

My Dr. decided on Tuesday that if I didn't go into labor by Thursday then she would induce me that day. So, of corse Thursday dawned with no baby. :( We went to the hospital at 7:30 for a scheduled induction only to find out that I was contracting regularly (I think that after this many kids my uterus is desensitized or something because I totally didn't feel anything)! The Dr. came in at 9:15, pronounced me to be in labor and broke my water. I wanted to hold off on the epidural, but she told me to get it or there would be no time...she was right. I got my epidural and fell asleep for 2 an a half hours. A vicious contraction awoke me and the nurse came in and checked me...COMPLETE! I pushed for 5 minutes and out came Griffin John Connett! He was 6 lbs., 6 oz. and 19 inches long. So grand total: 3 1/2 hours of labor...slept through 2 1/2 hours, and pushed for 5 min.! He was born at 12:49 on Thursday afternoon and we came home Friday at 1:30! Like I said...this has been too easy!

Griffin is easy going and a joy! He looks just like Jax and the kids LOVE him! We are being spoiled rotten by my parents who flew in yesterday and I am alreadynot looking forward to Tueday when they leave!

12 comments:

meredith said...

he's such a sweetie and you guys deserve an easy one so just enjoy him- and stay inside b/c it's freaking COLD out there!

A Sharing Heart said...

I think you went through enough before he was born. Enjoy your time with your mother and rest as much as you can. And yes, he is so cute.

Unknown said...

Awwwwww he's adorable - congrats!

Dawn said...

Congratulations! Let me know what I can do to help (drive for dance - drive to preschool - etc.)

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie. We look forward to getting to know him.

Heather said...

I'm glad you had such an "easy" labor and delivery. Please post pictures of all the kids when you can. I love to see what you guys are up to. Congrats again! He is adorable.

Katie said...

Four boys and a girl, that's exactly how I grew up. Claire will be well protected! I guess you could always go for another girl?! I hope things continue to go so well.

Heather B said...

Congrats! That is the best labor and delivery story that I have ever heard, you are so lucky!! He is darling. Enjoy the newborn...mmm...love them.

Renee Anderson said...

Nessa,
Did you see the acupuncturist? If you did, Cim is taking credit for your quick and easy delivery!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! and I am officially not speaking to you anymore because your delivery was SO unfair! And beside that he came out all cute and stuff! :)

H. Wimmer said...

OK so he is soooo cutie!! we got the baby announcement and I can't wait to meet him this summer!! I'm so happy and excited for you guys and I am so glad everything went perfectly...Jealous YES!!!

Unknown said...

Haven't seen a post for awhile .. hoping all is ok!