Well, ya'll will have to forgive the lack of T-Day pictures...there were none! Is my camera broken...NO! Is it lost...NO! Do I think that the act of taking one's picture will 'steal their soul'...NO! There are no pictures because of the fact that the Saturday before Thanksgiving Claire ran a fever and started vomiting everywhere. Our guests for the week, Brian and Elena, arrived after driving all the way from California, and by Tuesday we all had it! Stomach flu...a great way to lose weight, but no fun AT ALL! We barely ate Thanksgiving dinner and some of us are still sick and puking. I've lost so much weight this week that I'm not going to even post what I'm weighing in at...trust me you'd FREAK! The only two members of our household going to Church tomorrow are Eric and Cade. The rest of us 'sickies' are going to STAY home, STAY warm, and hopefully the food will STAY down!
*Okay, for the family members who've been asking for an update, here it is...
We are now 35 weeks pregnant. I swear that I only look 6 months pregnant...being sick really sucks when you are pregnant. I have pitted edema in my legs, that is when you can poke a finger into my ankle and the 'hole' stays there...SOOOOOO Gross! They aren't worried about preeclampsia as yet due to the fact that my blood pressure is the same as it was when I was 8 weeeks preggers. I am terrified that he will be born on or really close to Christmas, so all my Christmas shopping is done for the kids. I am trying to finish some household projects in the next 2 weeks...painting my bedroom, painting my bathroom, finishing the nursery, and washing all the baby stuff (old and new). Then, in all my free time I have three of the kids in three different Christmas Concerts (thankfully Finn is too little!), my birthday, and I have to decorate the house...all while doing the MASSIVE loads of laundry, dishes, and random cleaning that comes with having 4 kids. I'm lucky that Eric is so helpful and understanding...I'm sure that you all feel the same way about your husbands, but I feel so lucky that I have him, that is until he runs screaming for the hills! :)
1 year ago

6 comments:
I hope you guys all feel better really soon!!!
sorry to hear about your sick Thanksgiving. I hope you guys are all well soon. Thanks for posting an update. I have been curious how your family (and your pregnancy) were doing.
Feel better soon - I guess I'm thankful that I haven't gotten sick yet this winter while prego!
Speaking of pregnancy weight - I was thrilled (probably shouldn't be) that I lost 2 1/2 lbs this weekend while moving and running up and down the 37 stairs of the old house. HeHe. I'm 29 weeks prego and I now weigh 2 lbs less than I did on the day I found out I was prego.. should have done this baby thing a lot sooner hehe
So sorry and I hope someday you all feel better. My family has sick stomachs and that leads to a very stinky house Phew Whew. Happy 30th!!!
Hopefully Christmas will be better and everyone will be healthy and happy. I can't beleive you are having another baby and soo. How fun, espeacially this time of year! We miss you guys.
Hey! Good luck with the final stretch of the pregnancy, that's always so hard. On the bright side, I wish I could look 6 months pregnant when I'm 35 weeks. I usually look 6 months pregnant when I'm 20 weeks. :( Anyway, on another topic, I'm really glad you gave me that advice about not getting lasik yet. Our financial situation influenced it as well, but just this week I had to go get a new prescription cause my eyes had changed drastically. The weird thing is that they got better, way better...has that ever happened for you, cause it's never happened to me. I went from 20/600 to 20/500 in my left eye. Weird huh. Anyway, I'm just really glad you told me what you did, so thanks!
Post a Comment