Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall...beautiful, but a pain to rake up!

Finnegan in the leaves!

All the kids 'helping'!

Blowing out his candles!


Well, Fall is really here! I know that I haven't been blogging in a while but I swear we have had a month of sick kids and sick me!It has been pretty rough, but we are all finally feeling better (which means that the next sickness is right around the corner I'm sure)! Cade celebrated his 7th birthday on the 17th. I can't get over the fact that he is getting so big! He is a great kid and a fabulous helper in the house. It still shocks me at how grown-up he is getting...makes me feel old! :)
This weekend we went outside to start raking up the HUGE amounts of leaves in our backyard...I swear that I've been dreaming about cutting all our trees down! At least the kids had a good time and were even mildly helpful in making their own little piles. They are thrilled for Halloween this week and are mapping out where they want to go Trick-or-Treating. It should be a blast!
Pregnancy wise we are moving right along...SLOWLY! :) This week I am going to be 31 weeks. We had an ultrasound last week that showed the baby measuring right on target. My official due date is Jan. 2nd, and we are all hoping that he doesn't come on Christmas! No names to report as yet...heck, I haven't even gone shopping for him yet...I'd better get in gear though, because who knows when this one will arrive! Back to names...I'd really like some input from ya'll...I am just having such a hard time coming up with names for this one, so if you have any suggestions send them my way!

10 comments:

H. Wimmer said...

I can't believe Cade is 7. OK tell everyone to stop GROWING!!!

Heather said...

I'm glad you posted. I have been waiting to hear an update. I like your kids names so you will probably come up with something good on your own. If I hear something cool though I will send it your way.
funny story about leaves. I went to my parents house with the kids a few days ago and my dad was raking leaves for about an hour and a half. then a few hours later the kids said they were going to put on a parade show for us. at the end of the parade, they had buckets full of leaves that they threw in the air like confetti as they walked. The look on my dads face was priceless. I wonder how long it took him to rake them up a second time. LOL

Unknown said...

I think you should name him Tara .. I know it's a girls name but it will be like "A Boy Named Sue" and give him lots of character hehe

Ashley said...

I am awful with coming up with boy names so good luck! I think we were all napping when you came by yesterday cause there isn't much partying here haha... I haven't seen you in a while I am excited to see how your belly is growing. You need to post another belly shot.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

We are so glad you are all feeling well and back to blogging as we have missed you. I can relate well to the leaves that for years were a frustration until we decided to just let the wind take care of them. Mother Nature can do it as well as we can!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I think for me you will have trouble topping Finneganbeginagain, I love his name, so... be clever. Glad you are all feeling better it sounds like the whole city of Austin is down with something yucky!!

How are those Bar B Qued fingers doing? Grandma B

meredith said...

I totally agree about wanting to cut trees down. I totally want to cut my neighbors oak tree down as our yard is full of it's leaves. As for a name, I love all of your kids names so you'll do a great job. You can always go with Anthony and then he could be Tony the tornado lol.
Ashley- Nessa looks the same as she has for the last 3 months I swear!

H. Wimmer said...

Hunter and Steele has always been a Fav of mine but than again his cousins names are Gunnar and Qatar...

agrue williams said...

if it's a girl, fay, if its a boy, aron
-charlie

Anonymous said...

How about Liam, Aiden, or Dirk?J/k, my friend named her baby that. I was like "what?". But I like the other two names. Or Spencer, Austin, Larson.