Monday, September 14, 2009

BBQ'd chicken...and fingers!

Barbequed Jax...would you like him rare, or well-done?

The belly

So, our Sunday started out relatively quiet. We got up, fed the kids and got everyone dressed and ready for Church. It was all too easy...I should have known that it wouldn't have lasted. We had just gotten out of the car at Church when I heard Eric ask Cade, "where are your socks?". Cade's reply was that he just didn't want to wear them. Eric then asks him, TOTALLY JOKINGLY, "Well, at least you are wearing underwear right?", only to hear from Cade that he wasn't. So, I took Claire, Jax, and Finn into Church while Eric ran CAade home to put on some boxers.

After Church we got home and made all the kids some lunch and put Finnegan down for a nap. The rest of us lounged around in the basement playroom until it was time to wake him up. Usually he wakes up happy and raring to go...not yesterday. Whining, crying, and wanting to be held was apparently the order of the day. So, finally it was getting late and Eric had the BBQ going outside. The boys were running around being, well, boys. Jax lost his balance and ended-up with his hands and arms burned on the grill. If you have never heared the pain-filled scream of a three year old with bad burns, count yourself lucky! He's doing alright today, but is still favoring his hand. He is such a little trooper. Well, it is now Monday and I ma just praying that nothing else goes wrong!

-Oh, the pic of me is for the friiends and family out of town who have been HOUNDING me to post a pic of the belly...so here it is 24 weeks (6 months).

4 comments:

meredith said...

I hope Jax feels better soon!!! He's such a sweetine.

Unknown said...

NOW I see your tummy! I saw pics of you on another blog at a birthday party and you could hardly tell!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

We feel for Jaxson. We still remember the morning Steven (age 3) was running across the campground at Yosemite and fell into someone´s campfire. The coals were still red hot and burned deep into his wrists. It was a horrible experience and I am sure he still has the scars. The Doctor had us hold his hands and wrists in ice water and of course that was not easy.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Interesting thing happened to me, I burned my palm and three fingers to blisters at church on a "cool" stove top! The branch president is into natural healing and he has an ozone machine that he insisted I use on my hand, even to the point insisting that we come to his house and do it. Well we did and I kid you not, the blisters were down by the time we got back to our apartment and the next day my palm and fingers were slightly red and tender. I was very surprised since I am a skeptic about these thing it really took me by surprise!