Well, yesterday we blessed Finnegan at Church. Eric gave a very moving blessing and of course, like an idiot, I made the mistake of wearing mascara (I am such a crybaby)! Anyhow, Eric's mom-Bonnie, and his cousin-Lisa, and I left Church a half hour early to prepare a big lunch for everyone (25 people). We got to my house and I started cutting up a bell pepper. Lets just say that Eric keeps his knives honed to dagger sharpness. I sliced right into my thumb and Bonnie, who is a nurse, took one look and drove me and Finn to the hospital. There's nothing like bleeding through paper towels in a waiting room while nursing a baby! After an hour of waiting the Dr. came in and said that they would have to stich it. The doctor was actually impressed with how sharp the knife had been due to the fact that I sliced right through a vein! So, now I have four stiches in my thumb- one of the stiches going through my nail. I think that I will always remember Finn's blessing now. The funniest thing about all of this is that Lisa informed me that I would have to get rid of the knife now...I asked why, and she replied that it has tasted blood and is now a man-eater!
1 year ago

4 comments:
WOW!!! That is one way to remember the baby's blessing. I hope your finger feels better!!
Look how precious your family is. The kids are getting so big and adorable. I say keep going, you two make lovely children! Sorry about the thunb.
HOLY COW! I'm glad you were able to save the thumb! At least it wasn't Cade's finger! Gosh your family looks beautiful!
Food was great but I would rather not have had it under the circumstances.
Post a Comment