Sunday, March 30, 2008

Brains and Weapons

For those of you with children, you know that there are certain things that they say that can send you into hilarity. We've had two such occurances this month, starting with Claire. She is almost four and is firmly entrenched in the phase of if I say "don't tough the hot plate",...she touches that plate. Anyhow, I was doing dishes with Finn in the bouncer at my feet. He had just falen asleep and Claire came in the room and started to touch his head. I told her that he was asleep and to not touch right now...which she proceeded to do. I got down at eye level and asked her why she did that after I told her not to. She replied, "Mommy, my brain made me do it." Really, how can I argue with that?
Next up, Cade. We were at Sam's Club when we heard that they were giving away paring knives. I took the four kids over to the knives while Eric did the shopping. What we didn't know was that to get the knife, you had to stand thru a 15 minute sales pitch of other products. We had already been there for a while, so I was NOT leaving without my knife! Claire started complaining that it was boring (it really was). Cade replied, loudly, that she should be quiet because at the end the lady was going to give us a weapon. Knife/Weapon...I weep for this kids future. He will either serve his country and fight war...or start one of his own!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa! I'm so glad I found you off of Katie's blog! what a beautiful family you have! Congratulations on little Finn. I would love to hear from you my email is annamgregg (at) yahoo (dot) com. Check out my blog at www (dot) greggpartyof6 (at) blogspot (dot) com.

Anonymous said...

Okay,I get it...you are not in Austin, Texas. There is another Austin in Minnesota. Who knew?!

AMY said...

Hey Vanessa,

I found you through Katie's blog! I'll have her send me your e-mail so I can invite you to my private blog. Congrats on 4! Three is about all I can take I've decided!

Amy King