Friday, November 12, 2010

Cub Scout Cade on Veterans Day!

Jax and Finn hunting for 'Bad Guys' out the front window!

Walking and getting into EVERYTHING!

This past month, Cade turned 8 and became a Cub Scout! Yesterday his troop met after school at the Veteran's Hall and were taking care of old flags and brought meals to some of the Veteran's in the local retirement apartments. He learned about our flag and the proper way to fold it. He was even given an older flag and chose to hang it in his room (it's huge by the way). Cade had such a wonderful time, learned a lot about our Veterans, and was thrilled when his troop leader bought them all Happy Meals and milkshakes...sheesh, can I be a Cub Scout too? :)
While Cade was out and about the other kids and I called Nonno (great-grandpa), and Uncle Rich (my brother) to wish them Happy Veteran's Day. The kids thought that I was joking when I said that we had to call Richard, and when I asked they why, they replied, "He can't be a Veteran, he's not OLD!" Richard got a kick out of this!
ow, the last piece of news in this house is that Griffin took his first step last month, but last night it came together and he's taking bunches of consecutive steps. Yippee...but at the same time, ARGH...time to step-up the baby proofing! :)

No comments: